What’s Box? Box is a lot of things, but it is most well known as an online file sharing and cloud content management service for businesses. With Box you have web based document management capabilities, the ability to create collaborative group work spaces and the functionality to share links to send large files and replace email attachments.
It’s impossible not to hear the noise out there about cloud based content sharing and collaboration platforms such as Box, Dropbox, Google Drive and Amazon. The most common caveat across all these products which organizations continually deal with in their decision making process is: Is it safe? There is a general comfort knowing that all the documents that you and your employees collaborate on are housed in an on-site server…far far away from any cloud floating blindly for hackers and other parties with malicious intentions to attack.
But what happens when multiple sales reps try and enter their leads into the team pipeline tracking document simultaneously? For that matter, what happens when you have two sales reps in the field making great connections, but they can’t pull up relevant product sheets or access their CRM because all their documents are behind a fire wall and a vpn that takes fourteen steps to be able to access, and can only be done with a computer?
The impacts of programs such as Box and SugarCRM have completely disrupted these issues of content collaboration, storage, and security. Earlier in 2014, Box hired Enrique Salem from Symantec, to head up their enterprise security issues. Since then, Box has ramped up user security options and device security enhancements for their mobile apps. You can click here to download detailed information about Box features and security.
On May 8, 2014, Box CEO Aaron Levie announced that General Electric has chosen Box as its corporate standard for content sharing and collaboration. With more than 300,000 employees across 170 countries, GE’s IT demands are significant. Employees need to securely share corporate information from multiple devices. They need to collaborate not only with each other, but also with partners, customers, and vendors globally. And every worker, whether a corporate marketing leader or someone servicing a jet engine, needs access to data in real-time, from anywhere. Maybe your cloud based enterprise security concerns can finally be put to rest – if GE put the data of 300,000 employees across 170 companies up in the Box cloud, shouldn’t you be able to sleep easy knowing your data is safe?
Faye Business Systems Group, an award winning SugarCRM Platinum Partner recently unveiled their newest product, the SugarCRM Box Integration Application, which allows you to manage, access, and share any amount and type of file that you would on Box, within Sugar, the fastest growing CRM platform in the world.
Some of the Key Benefits of the FayeBSG Sugar-Box Integration are:
- Use Box to manage all documents and uploads for any record in Sugar (accounts, leads, opportunities, anything)
- Map any field in a Sugar record to the corresponding Box folder
- Share, tag, edit, upload, revise documents from within Sugar record
- Drag-and-drop file uploads
- Preview and tag documents right inside of Sugar
Some of the amazing features about Box are:
- All your content will live in one place that you can access from your desktop or mobile device.
- You will be given access to specific department related folders and you can organize your private business content in your own folder tree.
- When your files are stored in Box you have a quick, easy and secure way to review version history and share your files internally or externally.
- Use Box Collaboration to create group work spaces.
- Invite your colleagues or clients to Share and Edit.
- Turn folders into shared online workspaces, invite people to view, edit and upload files and more.
- Post Comments and Assign Tasks.
- Use Box Shared Links to send large files and replace email attachments.
- You can create a unique link to any file or folder in your Box account.
- Send your links to anyone with or without a box account for view and/or download access
Now, every single one of these things can be done directly in Sugar, with the FayeBSG SugarCRM-Box Integration Application.